Friday 11 December 2009

Grooveroom Talking 11 December 09

This is number two in my series of disco oriented radio shows and I had great fun putting it together. I'm going to try and make these shows a weekly event as long as time permits!

I've got some great tracks from disco's earlier days to start us off, a curiosity from Ethel Merman, and this week's cinema spot looks at the 1970 British film "Groupie Girl" and the track "Sweet Motion" which is featured in the film.

We follow that with a couple of italo-disco tracks from around 1980 and finish with a slow dance to Barbra Streisand's "Guilty" from the same year!

Don't forget to leave me a message on the blog if you've got any suggestions for future shows - I'd love to hear from you!

The tracks I'm playing and talking about this week are:























1.Steely Dan - Do It Again1972
2.Zulema - Giving Up1973
3.Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme1973
4.Patti Jo - Make Me Believe in You1975
5.Ethel Merman - There's No Business Like Show Business1979
6.Salon Band - Sweet Motion1970
7.Passengers - I'll be Standing Beside You1979
8.Pino D'Angio - Ma Quale Idea1980
9.Barbra Streisand & Barry Gibb - Guilty1980


No comments: