Thursday 10 June 2010

Junk Shop Choice

Apologies for the long absence, but I'm back with a shorter show this time which I've called Junk Shop Choice.

You see all sorts of unlikely looking and forgotten music in junk shops and charity shops, and I thought it might be fun to string some of together and see how it sounds.

I've got a very eclectic selection here, but there's something I like about all of them from the super-cool sound of Alfred The King of Disco to the novelty charm of Botch-a-Me by Rosemary Clooney.

Take a listen, and I hope you enjoy it!









1.00:00Marty Cooper Clan - Walk Don't RunEarly 60s
2.03:50Dick Hyman - Alfred the King of DiscoEarly 70s
3.07:20Julie London - Fly Me to the Moon1964
4.09:45Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Sunny Side of the Street1944
5.12:54Rosemary Clooney - Botch-a-Me1952
6.15:09Vinnie Bell - Dawn1967




Please note this mix is presented for information and demonstration only in a low bitrate mono stream

No comments: