Friday 16 July 2010

Jackie Trent

I thought for this show I'd put the spotlight on just one artist, and the first one I thought of is Jackie Trent.

In the context of her long career, Jackie has been far more active behind the scenes as a lyricist and composer, and was of course famous for being married to Tony Hatch. Consequently her career as a singer tends to be overlooked, and I thought it would be good to present a short selection showcasing her vocal talents.

The four songs featured here include her one big hit from 1965 "Where Are You Now", but I think you'll agree Jackie had a great voice, and hopefully she'll be as much a discovery for you as she has been for me.








1.Jackie Trent - Where Are You Now1965
2.Jackie Trent - You Baby1966
3.Jackie Trent - There Goes My Love1966
4.Jackie Trent - Hollywood1968
5.Keith Mansfield - Powerhouse Pop1969


Download
Please note this mix is presented for information and demonstration only in a low bitrate mono stream

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Where Are You Now" was a great disco song. I enjoyed dancing to it.